Monday 26 July 2010

Things that I have achieved...


What is the best way to describe a passing of time, without seeming too clichéd? Present. Time has passed and at the tender age of 19, I've suddenly become overun by feelings of intense maturity. I'm constantly trying to exact responsibility and fight off the urge of calling my mum everytime a situation becomes too stressful. Now, I don't want to overstate my foray into adulthood, it's still very premature but even with feelings of self-doubt, I'm managing to get a hold of myself (momentarily).
Over the past year, I've come to understand the power of one's rational and irrational mind. To put it even more simply; I'm trying de root the seeds of my anxieties and contextualize them within the framework of rational thought. It all sounds extremely melodramatic but it seems to be working somewhat. Eitherway, my understanding of humanity and all things relative to it: love, life, companionship, patience, understanding, laugther...has become far more well rounded. There's only so long you can go on evading the truth - shit happens but you can learn, love and move foward.
On that profound note, I thought I would congratulate myself on the things I have achieved these past few months and encourage anyone else to do the same. Each day you move foward, you also erode the fears which may have previously displaced you. Even simple tasks like having a drink with friends or ENJOYING a conversation with family can be opiate to the soul. Sometimes, we spend far too much time trivialising and ignorning the most simple things and it can be to our detriment. I've found that by slowly re aligning my priorities and concentrating on people and situations taking place in my immediate surroundings, my future seems to be illuminating and falling into place. By no means, do I want to get ahead of myself but there is something to be said for being at ease with what happens in both your public and private spheres. The balance is hard to achieve and I'm not quite there yet, but there is the foundation and acknowledgement between my rational and irrational mind that there can be clarity.
This post seems to be dribbling all over my keyboard and trailing off: it's meant to be a manifesto of acceptence to myself. I must learn to appreciate and recognise my own progression and that of others around me. As people we are not stale, static and unchanged by circumstances, but we must always confess and concede our achievements and not succumb to our doubts and fears.

No comments:

Post a Comment